Tuesday, March 24, 2009

First Things First

Wow! Let me begin by saying that I have in no way started this blog because I feel that my thoughts carry special weight or significance. . . . I mean, to anyone other than me and Jesus. I started this blog because writing helps me to clarify my thoughts, to think through things with more intention and purpose than when I am simply muttering to myself in the shower. And I started this blog because I desperately need an incentive to walk through that process: to force myself to read and reflect and ponder and finally, write. Otherwise, it is entirely feasible that I could while away my remaining years (or hours) on a multitude of things that show themselves dim and insubstantial in the light of eternity. Well, not really, because God loves me too much to allow that and He would surely intervene. . . but in the meantime, He has led me to this avenue and I will follow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment