Friday, January 1, 2010

That Night's Gonna Be a Good Night. . . .

The kids and I were just dancing madly around the house to the Black Eyed Peas "I Gotta Feeling", faces red and sweaty, with the dog speeding around us in circles. The energy and the sense of anticipation in the song is palpable. As we bounced around the living room with hands raised toward heaven, I could see us. . . .I could see the whole mass of believers, the waiting Bride of Christ, dancing in anticipation of the coming Prince on the white beaches of the crystal sea, singing out "Tonight's gonna be a good night!" I could feel the exuberant joy and the headiness of knowing that everything you've ever wanted or waited for in your entire existence is about to take place. The uncontrollable tears and chills and laughter of the knowing that His presence was so imminent. Of the certainty that we were about to be flat on our faces and caught up in His arms and dancing before Him and with Him. Swallowed up by the mystery of oneness with an endless throng of people whose faces were unfamiliar to me but whose spirits I recognized immediately. I worshiped. I was home. No words.

I wonder if God hears a song like that and perhaps grins to Himself and whispers aside to an angel, "They caught it there, you know. They caught a brush of a glimpse of what they're in for. I love when that happens."

No comments:

Post a Comment